China Economic Net
Beijing: China has made it clear that there was no genocide in the country. Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said China will never accept lies made by former US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Xinjiang.
“The most important thing should be repeated three times – China has no genocide; China has no genocide; China has no genocide, period,” Zhao Lijian said this week.
Zhao’s remarks came in response to US Secretary of State Antony Blinken’s claim on Wednesday that “genocide” had been “committed” against Uygurs in China’s Xinjiang region.
China’s Xinjiang region is seeing its best period in history, as its economy has developed, residents’ living standards have been improved, and people enjoy peaceful and stable lives. This is the best proof to debunk the US’ anti-China lies, Zhao said.
“No matter what malicious purposes those people have in sowing discord, they will not destroy the stability of Xinjiang, nor will they stop Xinjiang stepping into a better period,” Zhao said.
Zhao noted that Pompeo’s remarks have been swept into the dust heap, and China hopes that the Biden administration can face the truth, hear what the Chinese people are saying and deal with these issues prudently. China will continue safeguarding and protecting its sovereignty, security and right to development, he added.